Sunday, October 31, 2010

SLACKER!

Wow I cannot believe I have not posted since July! Where has time gone?? I guess I am just a huge slacker when it comes to this blog!! However, now that Josh is gone for a year and I don't work I will have a lot more time to blog about 'our crazy life'.

Where to begin I have no idea! We were suppose to be in Boston right now...which I would have preferred but instead Josh has left for a year! I will do a month by month re-cap!

August - It was my sisters birthday we all celebrated by going to Olive Garden and then a ice cream cake at my parents house. Ava was 8 months old and she was crawling every where! Oh and the idea of moving away came into play...

September - Josh " I think I am going to apply for a job in Boston"
Me " ok sweetie" I really didn't pay much attention because I didn't think there was anyway we would move.
Josh " I bought a plane ticket I have 2 interviews I leave tomorrow!"
Me " Ok lets pack you and good luck" still thinking it was more for vacation then anything.....
Well much to my surprise he goes gets the jobs and flies me out that sunday ( he had left on a thursday). We found a place to live put the deposit down on it. Well that night I was laying there praying and thinking I didn't know if this was right for us. I love my family and his family dearly they help us so much. We were excited to move don't get me wrong but there was something off about it. We kept praying and sure enough we got home looked at each other and almost at the same time said we don't think Boston is right for us. Mainly because you pay an extreme amount for nothing. Well so his job hunt continued and life was back to normal or so I thought. We also drove to Sheridan, WY to watch my sister rodeo! It was so much fun, we had a fish fry and just relaxed! It was a long drive but it was sure worth it! However the most important thing in September is that AVA TOOK HER FIRST STEPS! Josh and I were so excited! She also had her 9 month check up! She was 19lbs 56th percentile and 30" 99th percentile.

October - Josh came to me and said I think I am going to take this civil contracting job over seas for a year and make a lot of money. I again didn't pay much attention because never in a million years did I think he was going to leave. Well within a week he was going and I wanted to tell him not to so badly but he insisted he wanted to do it for our family (what a great guy i have :)) This all happened between the 1st and the 5th and he was off the 17th. It has been rough on Ava and really rough on me. Yes we can still talk all the time but I wish he was here! We have "daddy time" it is where we look at pictures and I tell Ava that he is over there for our family. It has been long so far but I am hoping it gets easier! Any-who...my birthday was this month as well! I went to the melting pot and just had a great time hanging with Ava and my family!

Ava is growing up so fast I can't believe she will be 1 year soon! Where oh where does time go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment